Either Austin,TX or Remote
The Security Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Technical Program Manager will join the Product and Application Security team to provide program management oversight of the deployment of the SDLC engagements across several global product divisions. The chosen candidate will collaborate with the diverse and global product teams as well as technical security advisors to raise the security posture of technology based products.
- Provide Program Management oversight over the Security Engagements across Dell business units
- Define and report program roadmap, status, development issues and success metrics
- Manage against defined process timelines and requirements
- Ensure completion of all specific deliverables and tactical initiatives required to support programs
- Identify, escalate and ensure resolution of issues impacting successful execution of programs
- Drive consistency and standardization of defined process
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement
- Work and collaborate with other team members to develop tools and services for the rollout of secure application development.
- Collaborate with the diverse and global application teams and with technical security advisors to raise the security posture of applications
- Lead efforts to improve Security Engagements’ efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare and present to executive management the state of application security. This requires a deep understanding of executive management perspective and priorities. Tailor the presentation of information to match the audience.
- Raise the awareness of Application security risks and adoption of security requirements to upper management
- Analyze data from different sources and put a plan together for improving SDL compliance
- Evangelize security across all business units
- Evaluate the current state of operations, defining a future state and initiatives to achieve it
- Lead continuous improvement projects
- Manage “Functional” initiatives within the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Risk Management, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of related experience, specifically in Engineering Operations, Secure Development practices, Application Lifecycle Management
- Experience in security and risk management
- Experience implementing secure Development processes is a plus
- Proven knowledge of engineering operations and application lifecycle process, tools and metrics
- Ability to dialogue with engineering at a reasonable level of technical depth
- Ability to prioritize projects, tasks and deliverables and manage dynamic priorities
- Ability to drive moderately complex, cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing priorities
- Strong analytical, process management and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-driven and accountability-minded
- Strong Program Management skills and experience with Dev Ops and Agile methodology
- Leadership; strong influencer of people and resources in a dynamic environment
- Proven knowledge of application operations and Development lifecycle process, tools and metrics
- Knowledge and experience in SDL (Secure Development Lifecycle) is desirable. At minimum, knowledge and familiarity with basic security concepts
- Proven track record of influence with a diverse set of functional disciplines (e.g. Engineering, QA, Services, Product Management)
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables in a dynamic environment; drive simultaneous programs across Dell EMC divisions
- Have a deep understanding of executive management perspective and priorities
- Strong business analytical skills; able to convert data into meaningful useful and actionable information
- Negotiation to win/win; proven ability to influence without authority
This is a stable Global Technology company with Excellent benefits and a dedication to producing the most secure technology solutions.