Software Implementation Project Manager:
This position is responsible for managing software implementation and consulting services projects. The Project Manager will lead a variety of different types of projects including application configuration and implementation, system integration, and subject matter consulting and assessments. This includes ensuring project results are of the highest caliber, with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit/value realization.
- Manages project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Understands the business benefits of a project by grasping business performance indicators and mapping them to goals of IT projects.
- Maintains relevant metrics that help the client and team see how they are doing (project plan, status reporting, resource planning, sprint burn down charts, etc.).
- Proven capability of managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently with ability to perform under tight deadlines and demonstrate problem solving approach while maintaining strong integrity
- Manages, and appropriately escalates, delivery impediments, risks and issues, including reaching out to the larger company network for impediment removal.
- Coordinates the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Conducts project retrospectives and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Acts as an agile Project Manager with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work, servant leadership.
- Acts a liaison between developers and operations teams and fosters better communication between the functions, ensuring cross-team coordination.
- Executes projects according to SOWs and produces memos and invoices as directed in SOW.
- Minimizes impact of change on project delivery.
- Ensures end user needs are met to drive adoption.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of experience in project management with an emphasis on software implementation, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced decision-making skills and exercises good judgment regarding when and how to escalate issues.
- Excellent communication skills required to interface with multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns and recommend solutions to management.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kanban, Kaizen, Servant Leadership a plus.
- Takes accountability and demonstrates effective judgment and learning agility.
- Encourages collaboration and easily gains trust and support of peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team (customers, developers, testers, business analysts, managers, executives, etc.) at all levels.
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Must be self-aware and willing to adapt to changing work environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to read communication styles of clients, team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Supervises others: No
Has hiring and terminating responsibilities: No
Percent of time: 30%
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Flexibility to accommodate a dynamic schedule particularly during quarter end close cycles.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and stay on task during extended periods with little or no direct supervision.